A guide to hosting a daytime wedding in St. Mary's County MD
Weddings dot the social calendars of millions of people across the globe. The Association for Wedding Professionals International says every year an average of 2.4 million weddings are performed in the United States and approximately 150,000 per year are performed in Canada. Evenings are the most common time of the day to host a wedding, but that does not mean a daytime wedding cannot be a beautiful event and make for a party to remember.
Couples are increasingly customizing their weddings to be a reflection of their personal styles. One of the ways couples are customizing their festivities is by moving the wedding to various hours of the day that meet the couple's needs. A wedding that takes place in the late morning or afternoon may be the perfect fit for some couples. Here's how to navigate the specifics of a daytime wedding.
- Secure accommodations. An early wedding means guests may have to travel from afar the evening before to be able to attend the festivities. Daytime weddings can be complemented by working with The Inn at Brome Howard bed and breakfast and local hotels to ensure guests will have a place to stay and get ready to arrive at the early wedding in time.
- Hire the right photographer. Be sure to contract with a photographer who is a pro at handling photos in daylight and natural light. While many photographers are skilled in any light, many are used to shooting in churches and venues with low lighting. Be sure to see picture samples taken during the daytime to gauge a photographer's daytime experience and skill level.
- Employ color to add dimension. During evening weddings, lighting or candles help set the mood. Those same elements will be ineffective in daylight. Choose bright colors for your decor and flowers to brighten up spaces.
- Choose alternative entertainment. Chances are guests are not going to feel as comfortable dancing during daylight hours. Consider other entertainment, such as lawn games, karaoke, or a comedian. A guitarist or pianist may be a nice musical touch.
- Plan food accordingly. Just because the wedding is early does not mean the food should be. Guests still will need to eat. If you are only opting for light appetizers and cocktails, be sure to mention this on the invitation so guests can plan ahead and won't go hungry.
Daytime weddings can be successful with a little tweaking of traditional evening wedding planning.
Contact the wedding specialists at The Inn At Brome Howard to help your special day perfect.